COVID-19 (coronavirus) Guidance
Sugar Culture salons follow best practice in response to COVID-19
This page was last updated on 23rd June 2020
In light of the government’s announcement on Friday 19th June 2020, all Brown Sugar salon’s will begin to re-open on Monday 29th June, adhering to all the guidelines laid out by the Irish Government and the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET).
While ultimately the Sugar Culture experience will remain the same, we have had to make some temporary adjustments to follow best practice and offer the best possible protection to our staff and clients alike from coronavirus. We have listed some of our temporary precautions below.
Before Your Appointment:
The Sugar Culture front of house team has begun reaching out via telephone to offer appointments as of Monday 22nd June, As our staff are now split into teams your regular hairdresser will have changes to their usual working days/hours but we will do our very best to accommodate your needs. Non-refundable Deposits of 50% will be mandatory during the time of booking – this is due to the large restrictions on the number of appointments we are allowed to take in, in our salon spaces.
Day of Your Appointment:
- We are asking that all clients come in with a face covering for their appointment. If you are unable to source a face covering, we will have the option to avail of cloth-reusable Face Mask (non-medical) which can be added to your service charge and is yours to keep
- We must ask that you use our provided hand sanitisers upon arrival
- For our initial re-opening phase beverages and reading material will not be offered, but please feel free to bring your own
- Contactless payments will be our preferred method of payment but we will be still accepting cash payments
- Where possible, face shields, masks, gloves and disposable gowns will be worn by staff
- Due to the length of time spent in close contact, we are asking that clients choose to either complete a self-assessment form on arrival or take a non-contact temperature check (you can do this at-home before your appointment and advise us of your result or our team can administer it using infrared heat thermometers
- Bathroom facilities will be available as normal but we ask that you maintain a high standard of regular hand washing and sanitising during each break
- We would like to make all clients as comfortable as possible for their appointments, so please arrive to your appointment alone to allow us to maintain 1-metre social distancing
Reschedules and no-shows
- We can accommodate appointment reschedules within a 48 hour period notice. Anything outside of this 48 hours will be charged at full price automatically
- For a no-show appointment, you will be charged at full price – while we know this might be frustrating, it goes without saying our appointment slots are invaluable as we cannot operate at full capacity
Our commitment to health and safety
- As per government guidelines, our staff are now split into teams A/B – this is to help with contact tracing if an outbreak were to occur and to help minimise numbers in the salons
- The salon will be regularly deep cleaned and sanitised daily
- Any garments such as towels etc will be dry cleaned after every use
- Screens/Visors will be installed in sections to aid social distancing measures
- Unless pre-approved, no walk-ins or deliveries will be allowed during appointment times to safeguard the salons
- It goes without saying that if you feel unwell, develop a fever or temperature or any other symptoms related to COVID-19 that you bring this to our attention as soon as possible. We would ask that you do not attend your appointment and self-isolate immediately
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment or have been in close contact with a suspected case of COVID-19 with 14 days we will recommend rescheduling your appointment to a later date
- If you have been asked to cocoon or self-isolate by a doctor within 14 days of your appointment we would ask that you do not attend your appointment until after this period
We hope that by adhering to these guidelines, we can provide all our clients with a safe space the enables us to serve you with a great salon experience you know and love us for.
Team Brown Sugar xo